Women are not adequately represented in the business world. In Guelph and Wellington County, less than 20% of businesses are owned by women. And we know that number can and should be higher.
The goal of The Rhyze Award is to create an opportunity that’s currently missing in our region: an award that will not only provide the funding women entrepreneurs need to finance their businesses, but the mentoring and support they need at key stages of their development to build and grow their businesses long term.
The Rhyze Award is the first program to emerge from research completed on the The Rhyze Project.
Who the Rhyze Award is for
We’re proud of the business support we were able to provide to women through the Rhyze Award in 2015 and 2016. This year our focus is to support women who have just begun or are still developing their business idea.
Investments in Rhyze Award applicants will be smaller in order to assist as many women as possible on their business journey.
If you’re a woman in Guelph or Wellington County with entrepreneurial spirit and a small business or business idea, we encourage you to apply! Please note that all Rhyze Award recipients must meet the eligibility requirements listed below.
Application Period: March 18th – April 18th, 2018
Application Information Sessions: April 11th, 4pm-6pm (at Innovation Guelph – 111 Farquhar St., Guelph, 3rd Floor)
Application Review: May 1st – May 5th, 2018
Pitch Camp: To be Announced
Community Celebration and Award Ceremony: Early June 2018
- To be considered for the Rhyze Award, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Women who want to start or develop a business in Guelph/Wellington County
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit and passion
- 30 years of age or older
- Submit a completed application form
- Not a previous recipient of The Rhyze Award
- Commitment to share their business journey as part of evaluation activities and future Rhyze Project initiatives