COVID-19 Resources for Entrepreneurs
Whether you are operating an early stage startup or a more established SME, navigating sources of information can be overwhelming.
In addition to sharing on our social platforms, IG has curated relevant resources for your convenience and information.
* NEW* – GOVERNMENT RESOURCES & FUNDING
- News Release: Applications Now Open for Ontario’s Small Business Support Grant (January 15, 2021)
- Ontario Small Business Support Grant: User Application Guide (January 15, 2021)
- Provincewide Shutdown Summary – Starting December 26 (December 21, 2020)
- Ontario Announces Provincewide Shutdown to Stop Spread of COVID-19 and Save Lives – Government Providing Grants of up to $20,000 to Small Businesses Impacted by New Public Health Measures (December 21, 2020)
- Ontario Building on Supports for Employers During COVID-19 – New Ontario Small Business Support Grant to Provide up to $20,000 for Eligible Businesses (December 21, 2020)
- Ontario Supporting High Priority Communities – Funding will provide community outreach, increased testing and wraparound supports (December 21, 2020)
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Jobs and Growth Fund
- Ontario Providing Supports for Small Businesses, Workers and Families
GOVERNMENT RESOURCES & FUNDING
- Prime Minister’s public statement announcing support for workers and business
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Government of Canada’s Public Health information about COVID-19
- Government of Canada’s resources for Canadian businesses
- The Canadian Chamber of Commerce Pandemic Preparedness Guide for Business
- Guelph Chamber of Commerce resource page for members
- CDC Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Government of Ontario List of Essential Businesses
- Agriculture and Agri-food Canada, Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) – Information for industry
- Prime Minister announces support for farmers and agri-food businesses under Canada’s response to COVID-19
- *NEW* Government of Ontario announces launch of Stage 2 Reopening in certain regions
- * NEW* Medical Officer of Health for Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph issues order for face coverings in commercial establishments
- *NEW* Business Benefits Finder
OTHER NEWS & RESOURCES
- The Conference Board of Canada insights for Canadian leaders related to COVID-19
- HockeyStick – Private market data for tech ecosystems – funding resource for Canadian Startups
- Binary tattoo tips for security while working from home
- Rillea Technologies list of EPA Approved Disinfectants for Coronavirus
- How responsible businesses can step forward to fight coronavirus
- Ottawa announces COVID-19 funds for industry to produce medical equipment
- Crowd Sourced Coronavirus HR Communications & Resources Guide
- MNP COVID-19 Business Advice Centre
- COVID-19: How the federal government is supporting small business
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
- Life Recovery Program “Inward Strong”: You may access three months of support
- Connexontario: Addiction, Mental Health, and Problem Gambling Treatment Services
- COVID-19: Helping ourselves. Helping each other. CAMH
- Working from Home: A Guide to Creating a Healthy and Productive Workspace
Ontario Ministry of Health
Public Health Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph
From Innovation Guelph
Leaders Helping Leaders Online Presentation Series
To support entrepreneurs navigating the COVID-19 crisis, IG has pulled together this series of online sessions to help you maintain momentum, continue innovating and leverage opportunities. We’ve tapped on the shoulders of mentors, experts and experienced leaders in our network to help lead the way forward during these uncertain times.
Innovation Guelph COVID-19 Update
The Innovation Guelph office is now open for face-to-face meetings and public events however, there are some precautionary measures we have in place such as a mask mandate upon entry of the building.
Our staff is still working and are available remotely, so reach out and stay connected!
If you have any questions please contact us.
Innovation Guelph Provides 19 companies with $570,000 through Cohort 1 of Government of Canada-funded i.d.e.a. Fund
Innovation Guelph provides 19 companies with $570,000 through Cohort 1 of Government of Canada-funded i.d.e.a. Fund ...
Startup Guelph asked Nik Wever a few big questions about what it’s like to be an entrepreneur. Learn how Nik has cultivated the local music scene by collaborating with local organizations. Read the full blog by clicking on the photo above.