Crowdfunding is not only one of the best ways to raise early capital for your company, but it also helps to test the market for new product ideas and develop a great pitch.
Launch Your Own Crowdfunding Campaign is a two-day, hands-on workshop that will teach you the fundamentals of crowdfunding (day one) and then plan, film and launch your own crowdfunding campaign (day two).
Up to two staff members may attend the workshop, which will be led by Kevin Boon, Client Services Manager at Innovation Guelph, and feature guest speaker Steve Tam, Canada Marketing & Community at Indiegogo.
- Date and time: October 1 & 8, 2014 / 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Location: Innovation Guelph
- Cost: One day educational workshop $125 + HST / Two day workshop with video filming $199 + HST
What You’ll Learn
- What crowdfunding is and how it fits into the marketing mix
- The components of a successful crowdfunding campaign
- Why a video is critical to your campaign
What You’ll Do
- Create key messages for your campaign
- Write the script for your campaign video
- Rehearse your pitch and get feedback from other workshop participants
- Record a 3-minute campaign video
Who This Workshop is For
- Those who want to learn more about crowdfunding
- Prospective entrepreneurs with a business idea
- Early-Stage Ventures
- Established businesses looking to launch a new product or service
On day one, companies who have registered for the full workshop will schedule a 30-minute session with Teeny Tiny Films – a Guelph-based startup that creates short films for social change – to film their campaign video.
Filming will take place on Wednesday, October 8th (1 to 3 p.m.) and/or Thursday, October 9th (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).