- This event has passed.
TechAlliance: Customer Segmentation – January 20 and 21, 2022
January 20 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
About this event
TechAlliance: Customer Segmentation
Founders will learn how to use the Tornado segmentation process to refine and build their beachhead market segment, and how to properly calculate their Total Addressable Market.
- January 20, 2022, 1:00 – 3:00pm
- January 21, 2022, 1:00 – 3:00pm
*Please note that this is a 2-part session, and each session is 2 hours long. Attendance is required for both sessions.
- How narrower vs broader segmentation can lead to faster traction.
- Brainstorm more specific customer segments
- Use the SPA+ criteria to prioritize market segments to test
- Plan to use customer discovery calls to validate assumptions made in the segmentation process
- Use the segments to define your real TAM (Total Addressable Market)
- Founders need to have an MVP
- Founders need to be familiar with the customer development process and completed at least 10 customer development interviews.
- Strong internet connection
- Web Camera with video conferencing capabilities
- Excel or Google Sheets
- Paper & pen
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs with established assumptions and hypotheses that are ready to test scenarios while working through problems within their startups.
- Startups with a prototype/ beta or minimum viable product (MVP), but also have a team, some customer validation, and some traction.
- Only available to Regional Innovation Centre (RIC) clients. Please contact your RIC contact for more information.
- Available to TechAlliance clients. Not a client? Sign up today. To connect with TechAlliance Venture Growth & Corporate Innovation advisors in becoming a client for no-cost services to qualified startup companies and entrepreneurs!
Please note that to benefit from the peer-to-peer nature of these sessions, all attendees are expected to engage and remain for the full session. This session uses Peer-to-Peer methodologies based on Aulet’s work at MIT’s Sloan School of Management.
In order to take advantage of Everest, we require participants to give a deposit of $50. This deposit is fully refundable ONLY upon completion of the post-session survey within 5 days of the last session. Given the intimate nature of Everest, and because the success of each session relies on the attendance of ventures, we use the deposit to ensure that ventures will attend when they sign up.
If you are no longer able to attend the session, we require 2 business days’ notice. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that failure to do so may result in the loss of your deposit.