GUELPH -2020 October 20 – Innovation Guelph received the CANIE Enterprise Support of the Year Award presented by Innovators and Entrepreneurs Foundation. As a proud national winner of the CANIE Awards, Innovation Guelph is thrilled to be recognized along with all the outstanding achievement in Canada’s entrepreneurship and innovation community and to deliver a message of resilience and hope during these challenging times. “It is incredible to see the resilience of entrepreneurs and innovators across the country during times like this,” said Kayla Isabelle, Board Chair of the Innovators and Entrepreneurs Foundation and Executive Director of Startup Canada, “coming together to recognize the strength and tenacity of our community is more important than ever.” “The entrepreneurs we support have navigated this pandemic with creativity, courage and collaboration,” said CEO Anne Toner Fung. “Their enduring spirit and grit continue to inspire our team, as we strive to help them turn crisis into opportunity.” -30- For more information and to schedule media interviews, please contact: Lauren Hicks Media Relations, Startup Canada 1-613-627-0787 Ext. 103 email@example.com Janet Wakutz Senior Communications Officer firstname.lastname@example.org About the CANIE Awards The CANIE Awards celebrate and distinguish outstanding achievements in advancing Canadian entrepreneurship. The objectives of the awards are to:
- Recognize excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship across Canada by celebrating the impressive journeys and achievements of disruptors that contribute every day to the country’s entrepreneurial landscape.
- Build a network of individuals and organizations that share our passion for supporting the Canadian entrepreneurial ecosystem and want to contribute to its future.
- Inspire Canada’s present and future generations to be entrepreneurial innovators by sharing stories of leadership, resilience, disruption, and success in entrepreneurship.
- Promote entrepreneurial mindsets among Canadian youth with workshops on innovation, ideation, and execution.
- Increase awareness of Canada’s entrepreneurship ecosystem and the importance of strengthening our culture of innovation.