We’ve been waiting for this day for 3 months! And if you’ve been following @TheRhyzeProject on Twitter, you’ll know why. Today we’re thrilled to announce the 21 local women-owned businesses who are recipients of the 2016 Rhyze Award.
This year we made significant changes to the Rhyze Award application process, which attracted nearly 50 applications! What excited our judging panel the most was the passion, entrepreneurial spirit and innovative business ideas that were evident in each and every application. Not only is this a wonderful sign that women’s entrepreneurship is alive and well in Guelph-Wellington, but that it’s ready to flourish in the years to come.
Without Further Ado…
All award recipients receive a reserved spot in the Rhyze Academy, a new, unique nine-month intensive program developed by Innovation Guelph to support and educate women entrepreneurs as they further develop their business skills, financial know-how and integrate work and life. (Get the details on all things Rhyze Academy here!)
- Beyond Rewards, a human resources consultancy;
- Centre Staged Inc., providers of home staging, home organization and interior design;
- Edible Promotions, a source for edible promotional items;
- Fleuristic Garden & Flower Studio, a retail shop offering flowers, workshops and home decor;
- Guided Holistics, nutritional and wellness consulting;
- Kaboom Consulting, social and environmental change consulting;
- Lighthouse Lemonade, a lemonade concentrate from an old Maritime family recipe;
- Sage Solutions, customized facilitation, strategic planning, stakeholder engagement and coaching services;
- SEED Education Strategies & Solutions, special education support for students with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder and Autism Spectrum Disorder;
- Spring Chicken Family Health, a naturopathic clinic focused on healing for the whole family;
- Stonehouse Pottery & Kachelöfen, creators of energy efficient wood-burning clay stoves; and
- Sweet Temptations Cupcakery, bakers of custom cupcakes, cakes and desserts.
In addition to their reserved Rhyze Academy seat, the following businesses will receive seed funding:
- Naturopathic Skin Therapy, a line of naturopathic skin care;
- Lokavore, locally-made small batch, handmade and bespoke food, alcohol and gift boxes;
- Minga Skill Building Hub, hands-on skill building workshops taught by locals experts;
- NIGHT FLOWER, a line of 100% natural & organic, handcrafted beauty products;
- Serenity Soaps, naturally handcrafted soaps and bath products;
- Taste deTours, food tastings and cultural walking tours with a heritage twist;
- Taste of Craft, curated craft beer, artisan cheese and chocolate tastings and educational seminars;
- The Golden Bus, a mobile collaborative arts space built out of an ex-transit bus; and
- The Travelling Paintbrush, mobile painting and art workshops.
Save the Date
Our official celebration of this year’s Rhyze Award recipients will take place on September 15 and will be open to the community. Details on the event will be announced in late August – follow @TheRhyzeProject on Twitter and #rhyzeaward2016 for updates.
Thank you to all of the applicants and congratulations to all of our Rhyze Award recipients! We can’t wait to see you in September.