This FULL TIME, CONTRACT POSITION reports to:
Director of Program Management
About IG: Innovation Guelph (IG) is one of 17 Regional Innovation Centres in Ontario. As a non-profit, IG celebrates more than ten years of excellence, providing a continuum of care for various innovative companies, from pre-revenue startups to scaling (SME) firms with up to $20 million in annual revenue.
A deep mentor/industry specialist roster allows IG to provide the expertise clients need when they need it. Wrapped around that direct 1:1 mentorship is a robust program of education, networking, cohort-based acceleration, seed/pitch funds, and strategic introductions. Regional priority sectors IG focuses on include agri-innovation, life sciences, cleantech, advanced manufacturing and supporting digital technologies.
Position Description: This position is critical in planning, managing and delivering Innovation Guelph’s (IG) program for Ontario-based startups that supports their growth and success as our clients. The Program Manager is responsible for the effective coordination and administration of all aspects of this program and ensures that project and organizational milestones/goals are met and that the program adheres to approved budgets.
- Monitor overall program activities of Ontario-based startups regularly and conduct semi-annual and annual evaluations according to
- organizational and funder requirements.
- Consistently evaluate the success of individual business growth for clients, consulting projects, events and Mentor/Industry Specialist engagements with clients and address any shortcomings with appropriate feedback and/or process improvements to ensure an optimal client experience.
- Report evaluation findings to the Director of Program Management and recommend broader changes to enhance programs as appropriate.
- Recruit, vet, and support facilitators to deliver monthly client education sessions. This includes approving learning objectives and content along with assisting in-class (currently remote) participation activities for optimal client engagement.
- Ensure that necessary documents are prepared, signed and filed per program guidelines and requirements.
- Liaise with, support and guide mentors and industry specialists who provide consulting and mentorship expertise to the clients served by the program.
- Envision, scope out and plan appropriate events or additional programming for clients, as well as Mentors and Industry Specialists serving program clients.
- Coordinate activities, networking opportunities, and collaborate with the program management team to ensure a cohesive program offering.
- Support accounting staff to ensure that invoices and claims can be generated and submitted to funders according to the established timelines.
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks.
- Represent Innovation Guelph at internal events (e.g. Toolkit Tuesday, Lessons from Leaders) and external events, where required.
- Other related duties, as assigned.
Education: University degree in a related subject or commensurate experience and qualifications.
For more information, please review the posting on INDEED here.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (or through the Indeed platform) on or before August 25, 2023. The anticipated start date for this position will be as soon as available.