This position plays a critical role in managing, evaluating, and planning Innovation Guelph’s Circular Food Economy Innovation Hub (CFE iHub) programs that are delivered in partnership with the City of Guelph’s Circular Opportunity Launchpad (COIL). These programs support the growth and success of Innovation Guelph clients (start-ups and small to medium-sized businesses) and the creation of a circular food economy in Guelph-Wellington and southern Ontario. The Program Manager is responsible for the effective coordination and administration of all aspects of designated programs and ensures that project and organizational milestones/goals are met and that programs adhere to approved budgets.
In this role you will execute:
Program Delivery and Management
• Deliver COIL Activate and Grow program support to clients.
• Ensure that necessary documents are prepared, signed and filed in keeping with COIL Activate and Grow program guidelines and requirements.
• Track relevant data: CRM, SM Apply. Ensure the required information is provided to accounting staff to enable hours and invoices to be generated. Produce receipt and KPI reports for the City of Guelph and the CEO as requested.
• Link southern Ontario circular economy businesses to appropriate COIL partner and/or Innovation Guelph programs.
• Envision, scope out and plan with the City of Guelph and iHub team, appropriate events and activities for program clients.
• Liaise with, support and guide mentors and industry specialists who provide consulting and mentorship expertise to the clients served by these programs.
• Coordinate activities and collaborate with other program managers to ensure a cohesive program offering.
Program Evaluation and Planning
• Represent Innovation Guelph at COIL meetings and external events, where required.
• Monitor overall program activities for COIL Activate and Grow on a regular basis and conduct reporting and evaluations according to COIL and Innovation Guelph frameworks.
• Consistently evaluate the success of COIL Activate and Grow projects, events and Mentor/Industry Specialist engagements with clients and address any shortcomings with appropriate feedback and or process improvements to ensure an optimal client experience.
• Discuss programs with the City of Guelph, iHub team members and the CEO. Report evaluation findings to the CEO, and recommend broader changes to enhance programs, as appropriate.
• Design additional programming, with consultation from the City of Guelph, iHub team members, and CEO as appropriate, that responds to identified client needs and aligns with COIL and IG’s mission.
• Other related duties, as assigned
University degree in a related subject or commensurate experience and qualifications
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Proficiency in program and project management
• Advanced communications skills (written, spoken, interpersonal) with a focus on building and maintaining good relationships internally and externally
• Client focus: anticipating, understanding, and responding to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters
• Proficiency in the use of computers for: Word processing, spreadsheets/budgeting, use of databases and CRMs, E-mail, social media and other internet-based applications
• Attention to detail combined with the ability to understand how those details contribute to the big picture
• Strong planning, organization, decision-making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of entrepreneurship and the business community
Work Environment & Schedule
This is a fulltime, position with Innovation Guelph during regular business hours (Monday Friday, 9:00 a.m.5:00 p.m.), with the understanding that this position requires flexibility to include additional participation for events during early mornings, evenings and weekends where required. Work typically occurs in an office environment but the mission of the organization may occasionally take you to non-standard workplaces.