Submissions for the 2018 Rhyze Awards are now closed
Women are not adequately represented in the business world. In Guelph and Wellington County, less than 20% of businesses are owned by women. And we know that number can and should be higher.
The goal of The Rhyze Award is to create an opportunity that’s currently missing in our region: an award that will not only provide the funding women entrepreneurs need to finance their businesses, but the mentoring and support they need at key stages of their development to build and grow their businesses long term.
The Rhyze Award is the first program to emerge from research completed on the The Rhyze Project.
Who the Rhyze Award is for
The ideal recipient for an Rhyze Award is a woman entrepreneur with a new or existing business in Guelph or Wellington County facing growth challenges.
Recipients of the Rhyze Award must meet the complete eligibility requirements. Everyone who submits an application and meets the eligibility requirements will be invited to participate in mentoring opportunities, which may include peer mentoring circles, one-on-one mentoring, professional advice and business model coaching.
- To be considered for the Rhyze Award, all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Women who want to start or develop a business in Guelph/Wellington County
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit and passion
- 30 years of age or older
- Submit a completed application form
- Not a previous recipient of The Rhyze Award
- Commitment to share their business journey as part of evaluation activities and future Rhyze Project initiatives