The Innovation Guelph (IG) Startup Program is specially designed for selected entrepreneurs and startups that want to accelerate their business to revenue and investment.
Watch Intro to IG for more Information
Apply for the IG Startup Program
Email for More Information
The IG Startup Program has two levels:
Level 1 is our fully funded educational and networking program for selected entrepreneurs.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly group sessions that include lessons on rotating topics provided by industry specialists, introductions and networking with other businesses, and Q&A with an IG mentor
- Access to premium educational resources from IG and MaRS, including access to strategic reports, business templates, online toolkits and more
- Introductions to trusted professionals
Innovation Guelph workshops, events and networking
After a 12-month evaluation, entrepreneurs will graduate to Level 2 at no charge, become alumni or continue Level 1 support.
Level 2 is a fully funded two year program for high potential companies and those in Level 1 who show considerable development.
What’s in it for you?
- In addition to all the features of Level 1, Level 2 qualifying companies will receive:
- Two hours per month of free 1-on-1 support with a qualified mentor
- After two years in the program, a third year of monthly mentorship is available at a BOGO rate (buy one hour, get one hour free).
- Access to special BOOST project options (click the link below), with $500 off a maximum of three projects in 24 months (total possible savings $1500).
- Use of the Workshop@IG Coworking space (four days/month)
View Boost Project categories
After a 24-month evaluation, businesses have the option of continuing the program at a nominal fee, becoming Alumni or applying to another applicable program.
Are you Eligible?
To be accepted into the IG Startup Program, companies need to meet the following requirements:
Must be working on business minimum 20 hrs per week
Must be incorporated or planning to incorporate
Under $1 million in revenue
Must have a scalable product or service that is innovative by nature
Cannot be a consultant or solo entrepreneur with a service or retail outlet focused on selling locally; and/or unable or unwilling to scale
Regular updates with an IG Program Manager
Level of engagement and ability/willingness to be coached will be assessed
Completion of all survey requests
Enrollment in program is at the discretion of the Program Manager for Startups
“IG is a great resource for small businesses working hard at becoming big businesses. They address gaps in our business plans, day to day issues & help us focus on the big picture and moving forward towards it. It is a huge help having access to the professionals whose knowledge we can tap into.”
Jill Fisher, Lighthouse Lemonade, Startup Program Level 2
“If there was one resource I had to name in the last 5 years that helped my business the most, I would name Innovation Guelph. Engagement in a mentorship relationship, like the programs offered through Innovation Guelph, with real business professionals for a startup-stage business is an extremely efficient way to not only grow revenue, but also to lay the foundations of a legacy business. I applaud Innovation Guelph for allowing me the opportunity to see the results for my business that have come through these key relationships. Thank you!”